CorrLinks offers a thing known as Text Service for the customers. This kind of service allows CorrLinks emails to be sent and received directly to phones that do not have data plans. As of now, there are currently four carriers that are compatible with this service, including Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, and AT&T.
Text Service is considered as a premium service. There are a total of three options for those who want to use the Text Message service, as follows:
- $6 per month
- $12 for 3 months (quarterly)
- $36 for 12 months
It is worth noting that depending on your telephone carrier or contact, the charge may be different for each message. You should know that the regular agency messaging service fee will be charged anytime a text message is sent.
By reading the information about, you might think that the Text Service is pricey. Fortunately, it is known as an optional service. It means you are not required to get it. For those who have already signed up for the optional Premier Account and use the free CorrLinks smartphone app, there is no need for you to sign up for the Text Service as you already have the better option. However, if you want to get more features of the CorrLinks account, you can sign up.
Before going to the method to sign up to Text Message, you have to take note that the inmate has to be a valid or active contact to be able to use this service. If you are interested in the Text Message service offered by CorrLinks, you can follow the following instructions to sign up:
- The first thing that you need to do is to click on the Text Message icon found on the main CorrLinks website.
- Then, choose your phone carrier and then enter your phone number.
- In just a few seconds, you will be able to get a verification code text that consists of 5 digits code. Please check out your phone as it will be sent there.
- Upon getting the verification code text, it is time for you to enter the code on the website. Please enter the code as soon as possible as it is only valid for 2 hours for both initial enrollment and updating. If you want for the code to work, it will be needed for you to remain on the verification code entry screen. In case you leave the screen whether intentionally or unintentionally, you will have to re-enter your carrier and your phone number and wait for a new verification code to be sent again.
- After entering the code, you will have to enter the address and the information about your credit card.
- Do not forget to also agree to the CorrLinks Terms and Conditions.
You should be able to see a grid with your phone or account information if the credit card transaction is successful. Not only that, you should also get an Update link. In the end, you can text your loved one behind the bar.
If the information about Text Service offered by CorrLinks above is not enough, feel free to check out the Q&A below:
- Question: Is it okay to read the whole message via Text Message?
Answer: Apparently, depending on your carrier, the system defaults to only send the first 150 characters of the message. However, there is an option to get up to the first 1000 characters. All of them are sent as a group of 150 character text messages. It means it is possible for you to get a maximum of 8 messages. If you want to read the message in its entirety, please log in to your CorrLinks account.
- Question: Does your loved one behind the bar have Text Message?
Answer: Apparently, your loved one who is behind the bar does not have a Text Message. They can continue to send messages to you via the email service that is available at their institution.
- Question: What should you do in case your phone number or telephone carrier changes?
Answer: The things that you can do include updating either or both via the Update link on the main Text Message service webpage. Then, go through the full enrollment and verification process again.
- Question: Is it possible to enter your phone number for the other CorrLinks accounts?
Answer: Unfortunately, the answer to the question is no. It should be noted that a phone number is only allowed to be associated with one active CorrLinks account.
- Question: Is it possible to text message the other inmates?
Answer: You are only allowed to text messages to the inmates who only have been actively established in your CorrLinks account.
- Question: Is it possible to send group messages?
Answer: Currently, it is unlikely to send group messages.
- Question: Is it possible to sign up for the Text Message service if you have an international phone number?
Answer: Currently, the Text Message service is only available for the phones that have a U.S.A number.
- Question: Is it possible to initiate a message to your loved one who is behind the bar?
Answer: It is definitely possible to send a message without needing to wait for your loved one who is behind the bar to send one to you first. After enrolling in the Text Message Service, feel free to send a message. You can send one by addressing it to firstname.lastname.docNumber@cltxtmsg.com. For instance, if you want to send a message to Fede Valverde whose DOC number is 765432 would be: email@example.com. Keep in mind that the normal CorrLinks message charges and every business rule will be applied by the CorrLinks System.
- Question: Why did not you get notification through Text Message when your message was rejected?
Answer: It is said that system or administrative messages are not sent via Text Message. However, they will continue to show up in your CorrLinks account.
- Question: Is it allowed to put emoji in your message?
Answer: Everything depends on your carrier. It is possible for an emoji to not show up in the message or your entire message possibly may not be delivered.