You may be new to using CorrLinks and now you wonder how to add money to your account or recharge your account. You are able to read the steps to add money to your account or recharge your account in CorrLinks and also some other information about CorrLinks below.
The Steps to Recharge Your CorrLinks Account
According to the ICS Corrections site, here are the steps to add money to your account or recharge your account.
- The first thing that you have to do is to select on the Recharge My Account from the main menu.
- After that, you have to enter your billing address and select the amount of money that you want to add to your account. Then, you must select on the Next button.
- You also have to enter your card information and then select on the Add Funds.
- After you have recharged your account successfully, there will be a dialog confirmation and the thing that you have to do is to select on the Return To The Main Page.
The Steps to Send Messages on CorrLinks
According to the CorrLinks site, here are the steps to send messages on CorrLinks.
- The first thing that you must do is to login to the site at www.corrlinks.com.
- After you log in, then you need to select on the Mailbox and select on the New Message.
- In this step, you must select on the area which says select To Add Recipients and put a check in the box beside the name of the inmate.
- And now, you must select on OK and type in a subject and message.
- The last step is that you must select on the Send button.
The Steps to Alert My Regular Email When I Have A Message in CorrLinks
According to the CorrLinks site, here are the steps that you have to do to alert your regular email when you have a message in CorrLinks.
- The first step that you have to take is to log in to your CorrLinks account at the CorrLinks website.
- After logging in, then you need to select on the Account Management.
- After that, you must select on the Manage My Inmate List.
- At last, the thing that you have to do is to select the box under email alert beside the name of the inmate.
For your information, alerts will start going to the email address under which you registered.
What Do I Have To Do If I Have Already Signed Up and Added One Inmate to My Account But Now The System Will Not Let Me Register Another Inmate As It Says the Email Address I Already In Use?
When you are on the CorrLinks website, you may have signed up and added one inmate to your account. However, you find that now the system does not let you register another inmate as it says that the email address is already in use. If it happens to you, here are the things that you are able to do according to the CorrLinks website.
- The first thing that you have to do is to login to your CorrLinks account at the website of CorrLinks. If you forget your password, you are able to select on the Forgot My Password link to reset your password.
- After you log in to your CorrLinks site, then you have to select on the Account Management.
- In this step, you have to select on the Manage My Inmate List.
- Here, you need to choose the Federal Bureau of Prisons as the agency.
- And then, do not forget to type in the ID code, not the register number.
- At last, you need to select on the Go button.
Some FAQs About CorrLinks
According to the CorrLinks site, here are some FAQs about CorrLinks that you may need to know as CorrLinks users.
- What do we have to do if it says our inmate is unavailable?
It is important for you to know that periodically, a correctional institution may limit the access of an inmate to messaging. If it happens, the inmate will be unavailable for you to contact. So, there is nothing that you can do, except waiting for them to be available again. When they are available again for messaging, you will be notified.
- What are the steps to unblock an inmate?
Let’s say that you want to unblock an inmate. If so, you must send a written request to the institution to notify them that you want to remove the block. You are able to discover the appropriate mailing address by accessing www.bop.gov. After the block is removed, the inmate will have to add your email again to generate a new invitation to you with a new ID code. When you get that, you are required to log in to your CorrLinks account and add the ID number.
- Why do we see a $1.01 charge on our credit card statement?
It is important for you to note that depending on your credit card provider, a temporary $1.01 authorization charge may be seen by you on your statement. This authorization is processed by CorrLinks credit card processor where it is done to validate the account and it is automatically removed within 3 to 4 business days.
- What happens if we signed up for CorrLinks service but we never received our verification link?
If you have signed up for CorrLinks service and you find that you never received your verification link, the thing that you have to do is to check your spam folder. It is done to make sure that your email provider did not mark it as spam. You also have to make sure that you add email@example.com to your address book so that messages which come from CorrLinks do not get flagged. However, if you have done it, but you are still not able to find your link, you are able to access here to have it send it again.
- How will the charge come up on our credit card statement?
As explained on the CorrLinks site, credit card charges which are made on the CorrLinks website will be able to be seen on your credit card statement as CorrLinks/AdvTecGrp.