JailATM is an option for the family and friends of inmates. It is a quick and easy method to transfer money and purchase a commissary for inmates. In sending money, your funds are accessible to inmates instantly when the credit card has been completed.
JailATM Inmate Search by Name
Here are some steps to search inmate by name:
- At the first step, you have to enter the state.
- Then, you have to enter the facility.
- The last step is to enter the last name or ID. Make sure you enter the last name or ID correctly.
Sending and Receiving Messages
Messages Sent Via Text
After you sign up for the SMS Texting Program, then you are able to send text messages to a corrections facility resident from the cell phone associated with the number you provided at sign-up, and also receive text messages from the resident on the same cell phone. Text messages sent to the resident from any other phone number will be considered invalid and will not be delivered.
Viewing Texts and Sending Replies
Each message sent to the facility resident is converted to an email before delivery. The resident will see your message just like she or he would see an email (for example, on a kiosk within the housing unit). But the resident will be informed that the message came in as a text. Later, the resident’s reply will be converted back to a text message after sending, and delivered to your cell phone.
Once you sign up for the SMS Texting Program, all of the resident’s emails and other messages are delivered to your cell phone as a text message. You are going to no longer receive emails from the resident. You are still able to send an email to the resident after you sign up for the SMS Texting Program. But the resident’s reply comes back to you as a text message. You will be able to access your messaging account on the JailATM site to see a full record of all electronic messages sent and received.
Length of the Texts
You have to know that character limits apply to all messages, which can affect the length of texts which you send or receive. Lengthy messages may be rejected, may be broken up into smaller texts prior to delivery, or you may be directed to read a text message via your account on the JailATM site as if it were an email. Character limits can be changed at any time with or without notice.
Facility Rules and Regulations Apply
SMS text messaging obeys to the applicable corrections facility’s rules and regulations at all times. If there is a conflict between the SMS texting program rules and the facility’s rules or regulations, then the facility’s rules and regulations are going to apply.
How to Send Money into an Inmate’s Account?
Here are some steps to send money into an inmate’s account:
- At the first step, you have to go to the official website of JailATM.
- Then, you have to make an account if you want to send money to an inmate’s account.
- After making your account, then you will be able to sign in with your user id and password.
- The next step, you are able to click on the send money now button to send money to an inmate’s account.
- You are going to be asked to select the applicable state and facility.
- In this step, enter at least 3 characters from the “resident’s last name or their ID”
- Afterwards, you have to enter your payment information for the amount you want to deposit and click on the checkbox.
- Of course, you have to read the terms and conditions. And click the Ok button.
- Do not forget to review the payment details for accuracy and click the Send Money button.
For note: You will be able to send the money on an account by using Visa or MasterCard deposits.
Adding a Payment Method – Here’s Way
Some of you may not know how to add a payment method. Below are some steps to do that:
- At the first step, you are able to click My Account.
- After that, you are able to click Settings.
- Then, you have to click Payment Methods.
- Now, you have to click the New button.
- Please submit your Card information
- Lastly, you only need to click Save.
If you want to use this card to fund your messaging subscription, you have to click the check box before clicking Save. This will cause it to replace the card currently being used to fund your messaging subscription.
Edit or Delete Your Payment Method – Here’s Way
Here are several steps to edit or delete your payment method:
- Firstly, you are able to click My Account.
- The second step, you need to click Settings.
- Then, you need to click Payment Methods.
- Now, you need to choose the payment method that you want to edit or delete.
- Please click Edit if you want to edit.
- Next, you will be able to change the details of the card or click remove to delete the card.
Warning: You must cancel your messaging subscription before you will be able to delete your card or edit the card information being used for the messaging subscription.
There are several reasons a transaction may have failed. Below are some of the most common reasons.
- Cash Advance Transactions
All deposits on the site are processed as a cash advance transaction. Sadly, this is something they cannot change. And most prepaid cards will not accept this transaction. For this case, you have to call the number on the back of the card you are using to determine if the card supports the cash advance transaction type.
- Invalid Card
In this case, you need to select the drop-down accepted payment methods for a list of all card types they accept.
- Bank Declined
Another reason why your transaction may have failed is Bank Declined. In this case, you have to contact your financial Institution to determine the cause of the failure.