Corrlinks is a private company where it runs the Trust Fund Limited Inmate Computer System, the email system which is used by the United States Federal Bureau of Prisons to permit inmates to keep in touch with their family and friends. You may have a Corrlinks account, but now you want to delete it. You may have your own reason why you want to delete your Corrlinks account whether you do not need it anymore or some other reasons. Well, here is the information about deleting Corrlinks account.
The Way to Delete Your Corrlinks Account
As explained above that you may have your own reason why you want to delete your Corrlinks account. Let’s say that it is because of email spamming. If this is the reason, then it is recommended for you to mark the email as spam while you are opening your mail. Alternatively, you are able to unsubscribe from their newsletter as recommended by Keeps Wiki site and it can be done by clicking on the Unsubscribe button which is available at the bottom of the email that you received.
However, if you really want to delete your Corrlinks account, according to the Keeps Wiki site, you are able to do that by calling 1-877-777-9154. The steps to delete your Corrlinks can be read below according to the Keeps Wiki site.
- The first thing that you have to do is to call 1-877-777-9154.
- You have to tell the representative that you want to cancel or delete your account.
- After that, you usually have to give the information about your account to the agent.
- Then, you have to request for a verbal confirmation code or email as proof of your cancellation.
Deleting Corrlinks Account via Email
According to the App Contacter site, there are 2 methods to get your data and account deleted by Corrlinks. Those are explained below.
- Under GDPR
General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents) gives you the right to be able to ask an organization that holds your data to delete that where it is known as the right to erasure. You are able to make your request verbally or in writing. It is recommended for you to write the request to delete your data via email.
- Under CCPA
California Consumer Privacy Act empowers California residents to be able to request that a business delete the data/ personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the personal information of the consumer from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data as well. If a business cannot obey the CCPA, it can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
From the statements above, it is stated that there is a right of a customer to be able to delete their data on a business. So, how about deleting accounts on Corrlinks? As explained on the App Contacter site, you can delete your Corrlinks account by contacting Corrlinks through email and here are the steps that you can take to do it.
- You have to send an email to Corrlinks and in the email you have to state the reasons why you want to delete your data or account. Nevertheless, under GDPR or CCPA, you do not have to provide a reason for your request to delete your data.
- You need to provide all the relevant information about your account with Corrlinks.
- You also have to mention the law under which you make your request, whether GDPR or CCPA.
- You have to inform Corrlinks about the penalty for non-compliance which is a $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Then, you are able to send your email. According to the Just Use App site, you can send an email to CorrLinksSupport@a-t-g.com.
You can send your request to delete your Corrlinks account on the Customer Support page on the Corrlinks site where it can be accessed at here.
The Way to Delete Corrlinks App from iPhone
According to the Just Use App, here are the steps for deleting Corrlinks app from iPhone.
- The first thing that you have to do is on your homescreen, you have to tap and hold Corrlinks until it begins shaking.
- After you find that it starts shaking, then there will be an X mark at the top of the app icon.
- Then, you have to click on the X mark to delete the Corrlinks app.
There is also another method to delete Corrlinks app from your iPhone where you have to access your Settings and then click on General. After that, you have to click on iPhone Storage. There will be the option Offload Unused Apps. Beside it, there is an Enable option and you have to click on it and it will offload the apps that you do not use.
The Way to Delete CorrLinks App from Android
According to the Just Use App, here are the steps that you are able to do to delete the CorrLinks app from Android.
- The first thing that you have to do is to open the Google Play app and then you have to tap on the hamburger menu icon which can be found on the top left corner.
- After that, you have to access the My Apps and Games option and you have to access the Installed option.
- Then, there will be a list of all your installed apps on your phone.
- In this step, you have to select Corrlinks and then tap on the Uninstall.
CorrLinks is a private company which runs the Trust Fund Limited Inmate Computer System (TRULINCS), the email system which is used by the United States Federal Bureau of Prisons to permit inmates to be able to communicate with the outside world as explained on Wikipedia.
For your information, TRULINCS is a fee-based system that inmates need to pay for so that they are able to send or receive email. On the commercial sites, you may find that if you send an email to your inmate, the email will be printed and then mailed to the inmate. However, with TRULINCS, you have direct email access to federal inmates.