One of the most favorite services offered by CorrLinks named CorrLinks Video Service is now available on the App Store. It means the ones with iOS, including the ones with iPhones, are now able to use their devices to conduct a video session.
Below is the information about the CorrLinks Video app for iPhone. In case there are some questions about it, the best thing that you can do is to visit the official website of CorrLinks as well as contacting its customer support.
- Seller: Advanced Technology Group, LLC
- Category: Lifestyle
- Size: 37.6 MB
- Compatibility: iPhone (iOS 10.0 or later), iPad (iPadOS 10.0 or later), iPod touch (iOS 10.0 or later), Mac (macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip)
- Language: English, Spanish, age Rating: 4+
- Price: Free
Step by step to install CorrLinks Video app:
- The first thing that you need to do is no other than opening the App Store. It can be done by tapping the App Store app icon, the one that looks like a white A with a blue background. You can search the App Store by going to your home screen, swiping all the way to the left until there is no way for you to swap, entering “App” in the bar located at the top of the screen, and clicking App Store in the search results.
- Then, click Search. Search is the icon with a glass shape. It is placed at the bottom right corner of the screen. When it opens, you will be able to search for apps by name, type, or any other keyword. As you are looking for CorrLinks, you can just enter the keyword “CorrLinks” and then tap Search after that. This step will direct you to a page listing any apps that are related to the keyword.
- Please find the CorrLinks one. Once you find it, click it so that you will be taken to the page of the app.
- Before downloading the CorrLinks app, you are encouraged to check out the information about it to make sure that it is trusted and it is the one that you are looking for.
- Once you are sure about the app, the next thing that should be done is to tap the GET button, since it is free, in order to install the app. If you have no idea, this one is found in the upper right area of the page.
- When the process of installing is done, feel free to launch the app by tapping OPEN.
Questions and answers about CorrLinks Video app:
1. Question: Where are CorrLinks Video Services available?
Answer: According to the official website of CorrLinks, this service is live at designated pilot Federal Bureau of Prison and Michigan institutions. If you want to know more details about it, you can check with your loved one behind the bar.
2. Question: Will you be charged for accepting a video session?
Answer: The video sessions will not charge the users of CorrLinks. The inmate is the one that is charged for the video session.
3. Question: What kind of internet connection is needed?
Answer: Both DSL and Cable internet connections can be used by the CorrLinks Video Service. The speed and bandwidth of your internet connection will be tested if they support a video session. Unfortunately, the wireless hotspot technologies do not work due to the fact that security limitations implemented by the cellular service providers and WiFi enabled coffee or café shops.
4. Question: Why don’t you see a video session icon on your CorrLinks main page?
Answer: The Video Sessions icon can be only seen if you have previously been invited to have a video session.
5. Question: Where can you check the time of your video session?
Answer: The date and the time of your video session will be shown on the Video Sessions main page on the official website of CorrLinks. For your information, all times listed are the U.S. Central Time zone.
6. Question: What should you do to cancel a visit?
Answer: If you want to cancel your visit, you can just tap on the Cancel button. Keep in mind that it is possible for you to cancel a video session 7 days before the scheduled date or time.
7. Question: What should you do to start a video session?
Answer: Feel free to join a video session up to a half hour before your scheduled session time. a countdown page will be shown. When the countdown shows zero, you will be connected to the video session. After the session ends prematurely, you still have a chance to rejoin until the session ends.
8. Question: What is the next thing that should be done when your incarcerated family or friend sends you a video session invitation?
Answer: After getting an invitation from the inmate, there are two options to choose from. The first one is accepting the invitation and the second one is rejecting it. It is a must for you to download the video software and successfully complete the configuration and testing steps if you want to accept the invitation. If the video invitation is not accepted within 48 hours, it will automatically expire and the inmate will have to schedule another one.
9. Question: What is the reason that makes you unable to accept a visit?
Answer: Before you are allowed to accept the invitation, you will have to download the video software and successfully complete the configuration and testing steps. If you failed to complete the configuration and testing before the video invitation expires, the inmate will have to make a schedule again.
10. Question: What is the thing called Video Setup?
Answer: Video Setup is the one that will bring you to the screen where the CorrLinks Video Service app is able to be downloaded for the very first time. The link to the guide to install or to upgrade and to configure the computer for this service is also able to be found.