For those who want add money to a Securus account, then you have to read this entire article. Here we are going to information about adding money to a Securus account. So, do not go anywhere and keep staying on this page.
How to Add Money to Securus Account?
Apparently, there are two ways to add money or funds to an incarcerated individual’s Securus Debit Account Online via Securus online.
Way 1: For customer who have a Securus Online account
For customer who have a Securus account, here are steps to add money:
- At the first step, you have to log into your online account.
- After that, you have to click on View Accounts.
- Then, you are able to select the incarcerated individual and click add funds.
- In this step, you need to enter several information: First Name, Last Name, Billing address City, State and Zip.
- Next, you are able to select Payment Type.
- Now, you have to enter Credit Card Number, Expiration Date & CVV#
- Afterwards, you must also enter Deposit Amount
- Lastly, you only need to click Submit
Way 2: For customer who do not have a Securus Online account
For customer who do not have a Securus account, here are steps to add money:
- At the first step, you are able to select “Find Incarcerated Individual” option under Securus Debit
- You are going to have the ability to search by Incarcerated Individuals Name or ID
- If you want to search by incarcerated individual Name, then you are able to enter the first name and last name of the incarcerated individual. Also, you need to select a State where an incarcerated individual is located. Please select Facility where incarcerated individual is located.
- While if you want to search by incarcerated individual ID, you are able to enter an incarcerated individual ID. Afterwards, you have to enter the State where the incarcerated individual is located.
- After an incarcerated individual has been located, you need to select Fund Inmate.
- Please submit the following information: First Name, Last Name, Billing address, City, State & Zip.
- You do not forget to choose Payment Type
- Afterwards, you are able to enter Credit Card Number, Expiration Date & CVV#
- Please enter Deposit Amount
- Lastly, click Submit.
Securus offers some convenient funding methods to meet your needs.
Method 1: Credit / Debit Card Online or By Phone
Payment types can be accepted online or by phone.
Method 2: Western Union
- Credit/Debit Card
- Money Order
- Cashier’s Check
Easily, the payments are able to made in person or online using Western Union Quick Collect.
To use Western Union Quick Collect:
- The Receiver of the Western Union Quick Collect payment can be discovered under Select Other Billers and should be Securus.
- You have to follow online prompts for completing your payment.
- If you are not a registered user at Western Union, then you are going to be asked to register.
To use Western Union Payment Form:
In the Payment Information section, you are going to be asked for:
- Pay To: Securus
- Code City: Securus
- State: Texas
Please include your 6/7-digit Account number. If you are unsure of your Account number, you have to sign in or call us at 1-800-844-6591.
You are able to find a Western Union Agent location near you. If your payment is completed at a Western Union retail location, it will take 5 to 8 business hours to process.
Method 3: MoneyGram
You are able to go to a MoneyGram location and complete the Express Blue Form with the following information:
- Receive Code: 9819
- Company Name: SECURUS
- City & State: Dallas, TX
- Customer’s Account number
- Senders Information
- Senders Signature
Securus has enforced a $50.00 per transaction maximum funding amount for AdvanceConnect and Securus Debit account transactions processed through Securus Online, Securus’ Customer Service IVR, Securus’ Customer Service Agents, and Automated Information Services (AIS).
Warning: This funding maximum does not apply to family and friends who associated to facilities with $0 funding fee, third party points-of-sale such as MoneyGram, Western Union, or JPay, payments made for Direct Billed, or family and friends who associated to TDCJ and WI DOC.
About AdvanceConnect Account
An AdvanceConnect account is a prepaid calling account. It allows you to receive collect calls from an individual in jail. The charges will deduct automatically from your prepaid account. Securus’ AdvanceConnect account will put you in control of your spending and make sure that you are able to receive calls from correctional facilities.
This AdvanceConnect account offers some benefits:
- You have maximum funding amount up to $50.00 per transaction.
- You have the ability to receive calls from an incarcerated individual as long as funds are available in your account.
- You are able to add some phone numbers to your account, so your loved one will be able to reach your home phone, cell phone, work phone, other relatives, neighbors, friends, etc.
- Calls are going to connect to cell phones (subject to facility restrictions).
- You have 24/7/365 access to your account on their website or by contacting them via phone.
About Securus Debit Account
A Securus Debit account is owned by individual in jail and used to pay for Securus services. Actually, this is not a commissary account. This account includes services such as phone calls, eMessaging stamps, tablet media and Video Connect sessions. If allowed by the facility, an individual in jail will be able to transfer funds from their facility commissary account into a Securus Debit account through making a request through their commissary. Also, Correctional facilities have the option to allow friends and family members to deposit funds directly into a Securus Debit account.
This Securus Debit account offers some benefits:
- You are able to fund a Securus Debit account without having your own calling account.
- You have maximum funding amount up to $50.00 per transaction
- You have 24/7/365 access to fund an incarcerated individual’s Debit account on their website or by contacting them via phone
- Funds placed in the Securus Debit account will be the property of the incarcerated individual. Friends or family members cannot receive refunds on this Securus Debit account. Currently, this product is available at limited facilities.