Securus Correctional Billing Services, now known as Securus Technologies, is a provider of inmate telephone service for prisons around the country. Well, let us talk more about Securus Correctional Billing Services (SCBS) here.
About Securus Correctional Billing Services (SCBS)
Securus Correctional Billing Services (SCBS) provides friends and family members of the offenders with account support for calling services. After you complete the registration process, Securus Correctional Billing Services (SCBS) will support your invoice inquiries, rate questions and payment processing. To discuss your Securus Correctional Billing Services (SCBS) -TDCJ account or other accounts, simply you are able to call at 1-800-844-6591. Also, you are able to visit the SCBS-TDCJ website www.securustech.net/tdcj or email them at email@example.com.
For those who have an existing account with Securus Correctional Billing Services (SCBS), you still need to register to receive calls from a TDCJ location. After approval, you are going to have two SCBS accounts, one specifically for calls from TDCJ and another for calls from other correctional agencies. When making payments, you have to be sure to indicate which account should receive the funds.
Securus Correctional Billing Services (SCBS) provides billing methods to make sure friends and family members are able to stay in contact with loved ones in jail. Also, Securus Correctional Billing Services (SCBS) provides multiple account options to fit your needs.
Types of Accounts Offered by Securus Correctional Billing Services (SCBS)
Apparently, there are some types of accounts offered by Securus Correctional Billing Services (SCBS).
An AdvanceConnect™ account is a friend and family-owned prepaid calling account which allows you to collect calls from someone in jail and have the charges deducted automatically from your prepaid account. Securus’ prepaid AdvanceConnect account will put you in control of your spending and make sures you are able to receive calls from correctional facilities.
This AdvanceConnect™ account offers you the following benefits:
- You have the funding amount up to $50.00 per transaction.
- You will be able to receive calls from someone in jail as long as funds are available in your account.
- You will be able to add many phone numbers to your account so your loved one in jail can reach your home phone, cell phone, work phone, other relatives, neighbors, friends, etc.
- Calls are going to connect to cell phones (subject to facility restrictions).
- You are going to have 24/7/365 access to your account on their website or by contacting them via phone.
Waiting for a phone call from someone in jail to share crucial news can be hard. But, with Inbound Connect, you are able to proactively reach out and connect in real time. For your information, Inbound Connect is a feature of AdvanceConnect which allows you to connect using your Securus mobile app. Fortunately, there is no cost to sign up.
- Please go to your AdvanceConnect account on the Securus app on your smartphone and choose ‘Inbound Connect.’
- After that, you are able to add your loved one in jail as a contact.
- When you start a connection, then your loved one in jail will receive a real time notification on their personal tablet.
- Finally, get connected.
For note: Inbound Connect feature availability will vary by agency. Of course, standard call rates, taxes, and fees will apply. Real time notifications are provided on Personal Tablets.
A Direct Bill account will allow you to receive calls from someone in jail and have the charges billed to you each month from Securus Correctional Billing Services (SCBS). This Direct Bill account is a good choice if someone you loved is incarcerated for longer than two years. Also, this Bill account is a good choice if you are an attorney, bail bondsmen, consulate, social worker or other small business or government agency. With verification or approved credit, you are able to receive an itemized monthly bill statement from Securus Correctional Billing Services (SCBS) for your calls. This Direct Bill account offers you the following benefits:
- Specified monthly bill statement of call activity.
- You are able to receive all the calls you need to, up to your credit limit.
- You are able to add many phone numbers to your account to make sure you receive all your calls.
- Calls are going to connect to cell phones.
- You will be able to receive calls as long as your bill is paid.
- There are no minimum payment amounts.
- You are going to have 24/7/365 access to your account on the site or by contacting them via phone.
Warning: If you have already received notice that a Direct Bill account was automatically opened for you, then you will need to set up access to manage your account with Securus Online.
Traditional Collect Account
For those who are able to be billed for collect calls on your phone number, the Securus Correctional Billing Service’ Traditional Collect Account is an easy method to accept and pay for collect calls. The charges are going to appear as usual on your local phone bill and your spending limit rolls over within a 90-day period.
Securus Correctional Billing Services (SCBS) – Payment Options
The following payment options are available:
Traditional Collect Account’s Payment
The charge for Securus Correctional Billing Services Traditional Collect Account is listed as usual on your local phone bill. If there are any issues with blocked calls or spending limits, you are able to contact CBS by phone or via their site to pay for any services which do not appear on your bill. If this occurs frequently, it may be more convenient to open an AdvanceConnect Account.
AdvanceConnect Account or Direct Bill Account’s Payment
For an Securus Correctional Billing Services AdvanceConnect Account, you are able to make payments online through credit card, debit card or personal checking account, or you are able to mail in money order, a personal check or cashier’s check. Also, you will be able to mail payments and pay via Western Union with cash, credit card, debit card, money order or cashier’s check.