Securus offers Securus Inmate Debit. It is a prepaid calling account. By the way, how can an incarcerated Individual get a refund from a Securus inmate debit account? Read the following text to get the answer.
How to Get a Refund from Securus Inmate Debit Account?
After your release, your unused Securus Inmate Debit account balance will be available to collect at any Western Union retail or agent location in the state where you were released. Keep in mind that Western Union may apply a fee that reduces the total refund amount. Usually, your refund will be available for collection within two business days after your request for refund is received by Securus.
All refunds more than $100 are going to be evaluated to prevent fraud or money laundering. Securus Inmate Debit accounts are designed to pay for Securus services. It is not for the transfer of monies between family, friends and the formerly incarcerated individuals. Of course, Securus reserves the right to return funds to the rightful owner and can return any questionable funds to the debit or credit card used to deposit the funds.
Here is how to get a refund from your Securus Inmate Debit account?
- You have to contact the Securus Incarcerated Individual Hotline at 1-855-273-7292 to request a refund.
- Securus will give you a Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) for the approved amount. For your information, the MTCN is a 10-digit number assigned to every Western Union money transfer to track and transaction identification.
- After you have the MTCN, you have to go to a Western Union location in the state of your release and also present the MTCN and a Photo ID to get your funds.
Refunds are able to be requested from incarcerated individual’s prepaid accounts 30 days or later following release. If your requests are received prior to 30 days of release, then they will not be processed, and have to be resubmitted no sooner than 30 days after your release date. Individuals in jail have 12 months from their release date to request a refund. Remember that refund requests received after 12 months from the release date will not be processed by Securus.
About Securus Inmate Debit
Securus Inmate Debit refers to the calling account which is owned and used by an individual in jail or prison to pay their own telephone calls. It allows an individual in jail to transfer funds from their facility trust/ Commissary account into a Securus Debit account, as long as they are allowed by their facility. Also, it is possible for their family and friends to deposit funds directly into an Securus Inmate Debit account.
Here are some benefits of Securus Debit:
- The ability to fund a Securus Debit account without having to make a calling account.
- Each individual in jail is able to call anyone who is included in their calling list without having that person to make separate prepaid accounts.
- It will allow you to connect calls to cell phones.
- It features the funding amount up to $50.00 per transaction.
- You will be able to access the feature 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Of course, you are free to fund the Securus Debit account whenever you want on the official site of Securus or by calling them though phone.
- All funds placed in the Securus Inmate Debit account will belong to the individual in jail. It means that your friends and family members will not be able to get refunds on this account. Sadly, this product is only available at several facilities.
Adding Funds to Securus Inmate Debit Account – Here’s Way
Apparently, there are two ways to add funds to a Securus Inmate Debit account.
The first way is for those who have a Securus online account.
- For those who have a Securus online account, you are able to go to https://securustech.online/#/login to be taken to the Sign In page.
- Once you are on the page, then you are able to log in by submitting your email address and password.
- After logging in, you have to click on Views Accounts to add funds to a Securus Inmate Debit account.
- The next step, you have to choose someone in jail that you want to add funds.
- Now, you are able to click Add Funds.
- After that, you need to submit some information such as the first name, the last name, the email address, the phone number, the billing address, the state, the zip code and the city.
- After you give your information, then it is time for you to choose the payment type.
- In this step, you need to submit your credit card number, expiration date and CVV#.
- The next step is to submit a deposit account.
- The last step, you only need to click Submit.
The second way is for those who do not have a Securus online account.
- Firstly, you have to go to https://securustech.net/phone-products/.
- After that, you have to select Find Incarcerated Individual Under Securus Debit.
- Then, you are able to search someone in jail by name or ID.
- If you want to search someone in jail by name, you have to submit the first name and the last name. Then, you need to select the state where the incarcerated individual is located. Afterwards, you have to choose the facility where the incarcerated individual is located.
- If you want to search someone in jail by ID, then you have to submit the ID of the incarcerated individual. Also, you have to submit the state where the incarcerated individual is located.
- After discovering the incarcerated individual, then you are able to select Fund Inmate.
- The next step that you have to do is to submit some information such as the first name, the last name, the billing address, the city, the zip code, the state, the email address, and the phone number.
- Also, you have to choose the payment type, expiration date and CVV#. Do not forget to enter the credit card number and the deposit amount.
- When everything is done, you just need to click Submit.