Apparently, Secures offers a few prepaid calling account managements for you. One of them is Securus Debit. Formerly, Securus Debit was called Inmate Debit. By the way, what are Securus Inmate Debit benefits? Well, here is everything you need to know about Securus Inmate Debit.
What is Securus Inmate Debit? Here’s its Benefits
Securus Inmate Debit refers to the calling account which is owned and used by an individual in jail to pay their telephone calls. This is a prepaid calling account. There is a possibility of an individual in jail to transfer funds from their facility trust or commissary account into a Securus Debit account, as long as they are allowed by the facility. They are able to do it by making a request via their commissary. Aside from that, it is also possible for their family and friends to deposit funds directly into an Securus Debit account of an individual in jail.
Here are some benefits of Securus Inmate Debit:
- The ability to fund a Securus Debit account without having to make your calling account.
- Each individual in jail is able to call anyone who is included in their approved calling list without having that person to make separate prepaid accounts.
- It allows you to connect calls to cell phones.
- It has the funding amount up to $50.00 per transaction.
- You are able to access the feature 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Of course, feel free to fund the Debit account of an individual in jail whenever you want on the official site of Securus or by calling them though phone.
- All funds placed in the Securus Debit account will belong to the individual in jail. It means that friends and family members will not be able to get refunds on this Securus Inmate Debit account. Unfortunately, this product is only available at several certain facilities.
How to Add Funds to Securus Inmate Debit Account?
There are two methods to add funds to a Securus Debit account online owned by an incarcerated individual.
The first method is for those who have a Securus online account.
Here is everything to do:
- If you have a Securus online account, firstly you have to go to https://securustech.online/#/login to be taken to the Sign In page.
- When you are on the page, you are able to log in by entering the email address and password.
- After logging in, you are able to click on Views Accounts to add funds to a Securus Debit account of an individual in jail.
- The next step, you have to select an individual in jail that you want.
- Then, you are able to click Add Funds.
- After that, you need to enter the information such as the first name, the last name, the email address, the phone number, the billing address, the city, the state, and the zip code.
- After giving the information, now it is time for you to select the payment type.
- In this step, you have to enter your credit card number, expiration date and CVV#.
- The next step, you are able to enter a deposit account.
- Once you are done with everything, lastly you are able to click Submit.
The first method is for those who do not have a Securus online account.
Here is everything to do:
- At the first step, you have to go to https://securustech.net/phone-products/.
- When you are there, you are able to select Find Incarcerated Individual Under Securus Debit.
- Of course, feel free to search the incarcerated individual by name or ID.
- If you want to search an individual in jail by name, you have to enter the first name and the last name of an individual in jail. Then, you have to select the state where the incarcerated individual is located. After that, you have to select the facility where the incarcerated individual is located.
- For those who want to search an individual in jail by ID, you have to enter the ID of the incarcerated individual. Also, you have to enter the state where the incarcerated individual is located.
- After finding the incarcerated individual, then it is time for you to select Fund Inmate.
- The next step, you are able to enter the information such as the first name, the last name, the zip code, the billing address, the city, the state, the email address, and the phone number.
- Afterwards, you have to select the payment type, expiration date and CVV#.
- Also, do not forget to enter the credit card number and the deposit amount.
- When everything is done, you only need to click Submit.
Securus is aware of the essential variety and convenience in funding incarcerated individual telephone calls. There are some payment product options offered by the firm. Each makes it easy for everyone to choose the best one which is needed by them to keep communicating with the loved one in jail.
About Advance Connect
Aside from Securus Inmate Debit, there is also another prepaid calling account management. It is Advance Connect. With Advance Connect, you will be able to get calls to the phone numbers you select from your contact. Do not forget to fund this Advance Connect account to be able to do it.
Here are some benefits of this account:
- Adding funds to the Advance Connect account always has the ability to make a call.
- Selecting a call subscription package where available.
- Seeing available funds.
- Adding or changing phone numbers which receive calls.
- Viewing details of the call and viewing the transaction summary.
- Viewing the last call attempt to a number.
- Blocking and unblocking calls.
- Enrolling in AutoPay or TextPay.
- Updating or changing debit or credit card information.
About Direct Bill
Besides Securus Debit and Advance Connect, Securus also offers another phone product, which is Direct Bill. This one allows you to get calls from the individuals in jail. To use this service, you are going to be charged. Compared to the others, this is the best one for the attorneys, bail bondsmen, and friends or family members of the individuals in jail who stay long behind the jail.