Now, there is a company that can make you easy to communicate with your friend or family who become an inmate. One of the companies that hold that service is JPay. JPay has a number services that includes transfer money, sending videogram, sending email, buying phone time, doing video visitation, parole and probation payment, providing education and also providing tablet.
One of the services of JPay is money transfer. Money which is transferred by the family or friends of inmates can be used to fulfill the inmates’ needs during in the jail. Then, if the family or friends of inmates wants to transfer money, there is cost that they have to pay. How much does it cost to send money through JPay? Before we discuss about the cost, let’s take a look about the 5 ways that you can choose to transfer money.
- Online payment. You can transfer money to your offender via the website of JPay.
- Over the phone. You can transfer money via telephone by calling 1-800-574-5729.
- MoneyGram. If you want to transfer money cash, you also can use MoneyGram. Wilmart, 7-11- and CVS Pharmacy are the establishments that have MoneyGram services. To use MoneyGram, you will be required the number of inmate’s correctional ID, last name and receive code or facility name.
- Money Order. In some states, you can transfer money by using JPay’s money order service. To use this service, you will be required a money order or a cashier’s check, and money order coupon of JPay. You can download the coupon in the website of JPay.
- There is also another choice of transferring money that is via Lobby Kiosk. You can use a credit card in the lobby kiosk but you have to check if there is a lobby kiosk or not in the place where your inmates reside. To know the information about that, you can check in the website of JPay in the Availability and Pricing page.
Well, as we mentioned above that to transfer money for inmates via JPay, you need to pay the cost. The cost of transferring money depends on the facility or correctional agency and also the ways of payment that you use. For instance, if you transfer money via online that you can do in the website of JPay, the cost is lower than doing payments via calling the live support agent of JPay. So, if you want to know the information about the cost of services that you use, you have to access www.jpay.com and then click Availability and Pricing page. After that, choose ‘Rates’ to find out the cost of transfer money.
Transferring money by using the service of JPay can ensure that your inmates will get funds that they need as soon as possible. The process of transferring money is fast and also secure. You can even do that from your home via your laptop, computer or phone. You are also allowed to transfer money to multiple inmates and there are recurring payments as well.