JPay allows the inmates to have a JPay tablet. By the existence of the JPay tablet, it will be easier for you and the inmate to stay connected. In the JPay tablet, the inmate is provided education and improvement courses to prepare them to be able to be successful after they are incarcerated. By the way, what are the features of the JPay tablet? How to track the JPay tablet? Well, we will try to explain about that here.
Tracking the JPay Tablet
If you want to know how to track a JPay tablet, unfortunately when we are trying to find the information about that, we cannot find that information. In fact, there is no information about how to track the JPay Tablet. But, if you are able to access the Green Coin Life site in the page entitled How to track a JPay tablet, it may be able to assist you.
Well, instead of finding how to track the JPay tablet, we discover the information about where JPay 5 tablets are available. For now, the JPay 5 tablets are available in some locations as you can see in the list below.
- JP5 Mini is available in most New Jersey, Michigan, Louisiana, Virginia, Taft (Alkaline) and MSOP (Alkaline).
- JP5 is available in Georgia and Tennessee (pilot) facilities.
- JP5 Mini and JP5s are available in California, Ohio, Florida, Minnesota, North Dakota, Vermont, Idaho, and Washington facilities.
It is very important for you to know that not every facility has the JPay 5 tablets and even not every facility offers both models. If you want to know whether the facility where your loved one in prison offers JPay 5 tablets or not, you have to log into your JPay account on the JPay site. There, you will be able to see which options are available for you to purchase on your loved ones’ behalf. Also, you are able to call JPay customer service at 800-574-5729 or send email at email@example.com.
What can you do on JPay tablet?
So, what can you do on the JPay tablet? Apparently, there are some features and benefits that the inmate can get through the JPay tablet. Those are listed below.
- JPay tablet can be used to place a phone call.
- JPay tablet is portable and has a touchscreen.
- JPay tablet is simple to use and easy to understand.
- JPay tablet provides JPay’s Lantern education and KA Lite apps.
- The email program is improved.
- JPay tablet can be used to receive emails, eCards or VideoGrams.
- There is a new music app which includes the ability to build playlists.
- There are calculators, notepad, stopwatch, photo gallery, FM radio, and calendar apps.
- There are accessories such as screen protector, earbuds and batteries or charger.
- There are game selections which are expanded and also game stores.
- It can advance their education with course material and podcasts.
- It can be used for reading daily news
- It is available as an eBook reader.
- There are purchased music and rented movies.
The Tablets Offered by JPay
There are some types of tablets offered by JPay: JP6S, JP5S and JP5S mini tablet.
It is the latest and most advanced tablet in corrections. It offers better performance and faster processors for an increased user experience. Also, it has a stronger battery for extended battery life.
The JP6S tablet comes with:
- 7″ touchscreen
- Better resolution
- Thinner hardware for easy handling
- 3x battery life and 500 cycles.
- 32 GB storage.
This JP5S tablet comes with:
- 7″ touchscreen
- 32GB storage
- Battery life of up to 35 hours
This JP5S mini tablet comes with:
- 4.3″ touchscreen
- 16 GB storage
- Dual-core processor
The way to get JPay tablet for an inmate
- If you want to give your incarcerated one a JPay tablet, the first thing that you have to do is to login to your JPay account.
- If you do not have an account yet, then you have to make a JPay account first.
- Then, you are able to buy a JPay tablet. If you find that the tablet is not available to buy, but it is available to your loved one to buy, then you are able to fund their Media Account to provide funds.
- After that, the inmate will use the fund to buy the new tablet.
- JPay will prepare and ship the JPay tablet to the agency. If the tablet has been received, the agency will send it to your loved one in prison.
For note: In JPay, a media account or also known as JPay credits is an account that is managed by your incarcerated one. This account can be used by your inmate to purchase some things such as tablets, songs and music albums, games, movies (rent), stamps, and print out.
Funding a Media Account
If you want to fund media account for your inmate through JPay, then you are able to follow these steps below:
- At the first step, you have to login or make a JPay account.
- You will be able to call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative.
- It is crucial for you to know that payments or money transfers will be sent to the agency for funds to be available the next day or sooner.
Apparently, the existence of JPay tablets are really helpful. It can make the inmates get entertainment and education while they are in prison. Also, they are able to stay connected with their family and friends. But, if the inmate wants to have this tablet or the family and friends want to buy a JPay tablet for the inmate, they have to ensure that in the facility, a JPay tablet is available. It is because this service will be available in some facilities. Therefore, you have to access the Availability and Pricing section in the JPay site to discover whether in the facility where your inmate is incarcerated offers a JPay tablet or not.