To maintain communication, the inmates in prison are able to buy the JPay tablet from a kiosk in their facility. Or someone can also buy a JPay Tablet for them. By the way, how long does it take to get the JPay tablet? Well, let us find out information about that here.
How long does it take to get a tablet?
Usually, a JPay Tablet is delivered within 45 business days from the order date. For pre-orders JPay Tablet, delivery time can be longer, and of course varies by state. The JPay tablet offers the inmates to educate themselves, entertain themselves, and maintain communication with loved ones so that they will be able to develop their relationships and skills. Based on the research, there are around 80,000 tablets are in use in 11 states.
The inmates will be able to buy the $69.99 tablet from a kiosk in their facility. Family or friends of the inmates can buy a JPay Tablet for loved ones in prison. To communicate with the inmates, family and friends of the inmates are able to access JPay’s web platform or get the free JPay app on Android or iPhone. Remember that the inmates need to buy 40 cent stamps each time to email or send video messages.
How to get a JPay tablet for your loved one in prison?
Here are steps to get a JPay tablet for your loved one in prison:
- At the first step, you have to login or make a JPay account to purchase a tablet. Or you are able to fund inmate’s Media account if the JP6S tablet is not available to buy, but it is available for your loved one in prison to buy.
- Next, JPay will prepare and ship the tablet to the agency. After received, the agency is going to deliver it to your loved one in prison.
Funding a Media Account
To fund a media account to provide funds inmates can use, here are steps to do:
- Firstly, you have to login or make a JPay account.
- After that, you are able to call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative.
- Lastly, payments or Money Transfers sent to the agency for funds to be available next day or sooner.
Warning: A JPay Media Account or JPay Credits is an account managed by the inmates. From this media account, the inmates are able to buy:
- A Tablet
- movies (rent)
- Songs and music albums
Tablets offer by JPay
Talking about JPay Tablet, now we want to tell about the tablets offer by JPay. For your information, JPay provides 3 tablet models: JP6S, JP5S and JP5S mini tablet.
This JPay 6 tablet has greater performance through faster processors for an increased user experience. Also, it has a stronger battery for extended battery life.
The JP6S tablet comes with:
- 7″ Touchscreen
- Better resolution
- Thinner hardware
- for easy handling
- 3X battery life, 500 cycle
- 32GB storage
This JPay 5 tablet comes with:
- 7″ Touchscreen
- 32GB storage
- Battery life of up to 35 hours
JP5S Mini Tablet
This JPay 5 mini tablet comes with:
- 4.3″ Touchscreen
- 16GB storage
- Dual-core processor
For note: Tablet models include accessories like earbuds and screen protector (available only in several states). Available tablet models and application services can vary by agency or state. You will be able to log into your JPay account to check which tablet models are available to your loved one in prison.
The JPay Tablets Features
Here are some features of the JPay tablet:
- Place a phone call.
- It is touchscreen and portable.
- It is very easy to understand and use.
- Improved email program, so the inmates are able to send and receive emails, VideoGrams or eCards.
- It has music app includes ability to build the playlists.
- It expanded the game selection and game store.
- It can improve their education with course material and podcasts.
- Can read Daily news
- It is available eBook reader.
- Access and purchase music and rent movies.
- It includes photo gallery, FM radio, calculator, notepad, stopwatch, and calendar apps
- It includes accessories like earbuds, screen protector, and batteries or charger.
JPay Tablet FAQ
Here are some FAQ of the JPay tablet:
How long will it take to receive the JPay 6 tablet after ordering?
The inmates are going to be required to order the loaner JPay 6 tablet on the kiosk and delivery will be based upon the date of the incoming order request.
Will the inmates be charged if their JPay tablet are stolen?
The inmates need to report the lost or stolen property within 10 calendar days of the theft to their institution by using the current property process. The stolen tablet will be reported to JPay. Then it will be inactivated and at such time will be considered contraband. The institution is going to specify the validity of the stolen property claim and if the replacement cost is appropriate. If the investigation is inconclusive and the stolen JPay tablet is not discovered, a replacement JPay ablet will be authorized at no cost.
Will an inmate be charged if the JPay tablet is damaged accidently?
The new JPay 6 tablet has a high quality, corrections-grade construction with a shatter-proof housing. So, normal use and handling will not cause irreparable damage to the tablet. Each request for a replacement tablet will be considered on a case by case basis.
Will the JPay 6 tablets require synching every 30 days?
Yes. The inmates have to sync their JPay 6 tablets with the kiosk at least once every 30 days. If this action is not completed, the JPay tablet will be able to lock. If so, the inmate have to open a Help Ticket through the Communications Center on the kiosk to have it unlocked.