CorrLinks has no customer service phone number to be called. Instead of calling the customer service phone number, here is step by step to do for those who face some issues:
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to the official website of CorrLinks at corrlinks.com.
- When you are on its homepage, you will be able to see the Customer Support menu located at the bottom center of the page. Please click that one and you will be taken to the next page.
- In the Customer Support page, you will be prompted to select one of the options that can perfectly describe the issue that you are currently facing. The options include “I can’t log in”, “I don’t have an identification code or the one I have doesn’t work”, “It says my email address is already is use”, “How can I get an email when It get a new message from an inmate?”, “Can I use my cell phone with Corrlinks”, “Do I have to pay to send a message”, “Can I send money?”, “Can I buy MP3s?”, “When replying to a message it is saying I’ve exceeded the number of characters”, “How do I send a message?”, “Why does it say my inmate is unavailable?”, “How do I unblock an inmate?”, “It says I have unread messages but It can’t see them”, “I am not getting an email alert when I get a new message”, “My issue is not listed.”
- All that should be done is to pick on one of these options that the solution to the issue will be displayed immediately under the question.
Answers to these issues:
- Issue: “I can’t log in”
Answer: If you cannot log in, you can type your email address in the column that is provided and then click the Go button.
- Issue: “I don’t have an identification code or the one I have doesn’t work”
Answer: This issue has the same solution as the previous one.
- Issue: “It says my email address is already is use”
Answer: For those who have already registered and added one inmate to your account and now you are not allowed by the system to register another inmate as it says the email address is already in use, here are the steps to follow. First, login to www.corrlinks.com with your account. Second, click Account Management. Third, click Manage My Inmate List. Fourth, choose the Federal Bureau of Prisons as the agency. Fifth, enter the identification code and not the register number. Sixth, click Go.
- Issue: “How can I get an email when I get a new message from an inmate?”
Answer: First of all, log in to www.corrlinks.com. Then, click Account Management. Next, click Manage My Inmate List. After that, click the box located under email alert to the name of the inmate. By doing so, the alerts will start to go to the email address under the one that you registered.
- Issue: “Can I use my cell phone with Corrlinks”
Answer: You need to visit https://corrlinks.com/ to send and get messages from the mobile site. You might want to use the CorrLinks app on iPhone or Android with a Premier Account. There is also a text messaging service for you.
- Issue: “Do I have to pay to send a message”
Answer: There is no need for you to pay to use CorrLinks if you are sending messages to an inmate at the Federal Bureau of Prisons. Some agencies might charge you and the costs vary depending on the agency.
- Issue: “Can I send money?”
Answer: The money is able to be sent with CorrLinks if the corrections agency supports this feature.
- Issue: “Can I buy MP3s?”
Answer: CorrLinks has nothing to do with MP3s. In this case, you will have to contact the agency if you want to know more about it.
- Issue: “When replying to a message it is saying I’ve exceeded the number of characters”
Answer: There is a limit of 13,000 characters that can be sent to an inmate at the Federal Bureau of Prisons. It includes the next to which you are replying.
- Issue: “How do I send a message?”
Answer: First, log in to your account. Once you are in, click Mailbox and New Message. When you see something that says Click to add recipients, please click the mouse and then put a check in the box beside the name of the inmate. The fifth step is to click OK. After that, type in a subject and message. Lastly, click Send.
- Issue: “Why does it say my inmate is unavailable?”
Answer: Sometimes, the chance that the inmate has to access the messaging will be restricted by the correctional institution. During the period, there is no way for you to contact the inmate. You will get a notification when they are available to be contacted.
- Issue: “How do I unblock an inmate?”
Answer: If you want to unblock an inmate, it is a must for you to send a written request to the institution to let them know that you would like the block to be removed. The appropriate mailing address is able to be found in www.bop.gov. Once the block is removed, the inmate has to re-add your email to generate a new invitation to you with a new id code. After receiving that, please log in to your Corrlinks account and then add the id number.
- Issue: “It says I have unread messages but It can’t see them”
Answer: By default, the inbox shows up messages that have been received in the last two weeks. Seeing all the unread messages can be done by clicking the Unread Messages Only checkbox. If the messages are still nowhere to be seen, please try deleting your temporary internet files.
- Issue: “I am not getting an email alert when I get a new message”
Answer: There are some options that you can try. First, you will need to make sure that your account has been set up to send email alerts for the inmate. Second, check the spam or junk mail to see if they are there. Third, try to add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your Contacts or Trusted Senders.
- Issue: “My issue is not listed”
Answer: If the issue that you are currently facing is not included on the list, you can send comments or questions. Do not forget to include your name, your email address, and the correctional agency you are inquiring about.