When trying to send a message to an inmate using eMessaging by Securus, you might find yourself unable to do that. When it happens, you might be wondering if your friend or a family member behind the bar blocks you. So, can an inmate block you on Securus eMessaging?
For those who are wondering if an inmate can block you on Securus eMessaging, unfortunately, there is no information about it given by Securus. If you want to know the answer, you are encouraged to ask about it by yourself. There are several methods that you can try to contact Securus or their customer care, as follows:
- By phone: The first method to contact Securus is by phone. If you want to try this way, the number that you can call is 972-734-1111. Feel free to call this number anytime you want as it is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. If you want to call them using landline phone or international, instead of using the number before, you can call 1-800-844-6591.
- By email: The next method that you can try to contact Securus is to send an email. If you are interested in doing this, the first thing that you have to do is to go to https://securushelp.com/submit-a-question/. When you are on the page, you will need to provide some information such as your first name, your last name, your email address, your phone number, and your passcode (in case you already have an account). After providing such information, the most important thing that you need to do is to write down the question that you want to ask. Please explain everything well so that they will help you well. If you have the document to attach, you can attach it below the column for question. When asked to choose a product, please choose eMessaging, which is the fifth option. As for the category, you can choose, No Category, Existing Account Inquiry, or New Account Inquiry. When everything is done, make sure to press the Submit button. Just like the first method, this one is also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.
- By mail: The last method that you can try to contact Securus is to send a mail to Securus Contact Center. The mail address that you can use is Securus Contact Center PO Box 1109 Dallas, Texas 75001.
Before trying any methods to contact Securus above, you are actually recommended to check out the FAQ first just in case the question that you are going to ask is already answered by the team. However, since there is nothing found about this question, you can try these methods right away.
While it is still unknown whether an inmate can block you on Securus eMessaging, on the other hand, you are able to block them from sending you messages on your eMessaging account if you want. If you want to do it, there are a few steps to follow. Here is every single step that you have to follow to be able to block an inmate from sending you messages on your eMessaging account:
- The first thing that you need to do is to log into your account.
- After logging in, it is time for you to find the inmate in the Inmatessection.
- Upon finding that certain inmate, the next thing that you have to do is to check the box that is found next to the inmate that you want to block.
- By doing so, you will be able to see a confirmation box on the screen.
- When you see the confirmation box on the screen, please click Confirm to add the block.
You can tell that that inmate is blocked if you see a red check mark beside the inmate.
Talking about a Securus account being blocked in general, there are a few reasons that make it possible, as follows:
- There are not enough funds on your Advanced Connect account
For those who are logged into your Securus online account, you can click on ADD FUNDS. As for those who have not logged in yet, please go to http://www.securustech.net/ instead. When you are there, log in and click ADD FUNDS. In addition, you can also call Securus Correctional Billing Services at 972-734-1111.
- Direct bill is past due
For those who are logged into your Securus online account, you can click on ADD FUNDS. As for those who have not logged in yet, please go to http://www.securustech.net/ instead. When you are there, log in and click ADD FUNDS. In addition, you can also call Securus Correctional Billing Services at 972-734-1111. For anyone who has exceeded the account spending limit with Securus, it is possible if calls to your line are blocked. If you think it is the case, you are encouraged to contact 972-734-1111.
- You change your telephone number
It is possible for your account to be restricted if you have a new telephone number. If it is the case, you can just provide Securus Proof of ownership. Do not forget to include the date you received your new number from the local telephone company. It is possible for the restriction to be removed.
- You may have pressed the wrong digit or number when accepting a call
In case you pressed the wrong or incorrect number by accident when trying to accept the incoming call, you may have blocked your line. In this kind of case, you are suggested to contact Securus by calling its phone number 972-734-1111. Make sure to dial the number if you want to see if there is a block on your line.
- You may have requested to have a block placed on your phone in the past
For those who are logged into your Securus online account, you can click on Block & Unblock calls. As for those who have not logged in yet, please go to http://www.securustech.net/ instead. When you are there, log in and click Block & Unblock calls. Not only that, you can also call Securus Correctional Billing Services at 972-734-1111.