As we know that JPay private Company provides JPay Tablets for inmates, JP5s and JP5mini. One of the aims is to relieve stress the inmates in prison. By using these tablets the inmates who are in the prison are able to connect with the outside world. JP5s and JP5mini tablet are specifically for the inmates in the United States. JP5 mini is one of JPay tablet for inmates. Currently, JP5mini is available in Idaho, Minnesota, Milwaukee House of Corrections, Louisiana, New Jersey, NorthLake Correctional Facility, North Dakota, Ohio, Taft Correctional Facility, Tennessee (pilot), Virginia, Vermont and Washington state correctional facilities.
JPay introduces the JP5mini which has 4.3 inch display screen. JP5mini tablets are WiFi-capable. But this function is inactive currently. Wi-Fi is going to be activated once approved by your loved one’s agency. This tablet equipped with an App Store. There are seven cool facts of JP5mini tablet. To know seven cool facts of JP5mini tablet, you are able to see in the text below.
- JP5mini tablet is made of clear plastic. It is able to help deter inmates from smuggling contraband inside this device.
- JP5mini tablet has enough battery life to play up to 35 hours of music or 12 hours of video if JP5mini on a full charge.
- JP5mini tablet is going to cost approximately $70. It designed to appeal to the inmates and the prison official.
- In this JP5mini, the outgoing messages are going to be reviewed before the messages are submitted for send out.
- JP5mini tablet is the upgraded version of JP4 tablet which did not have wireless facility.
- By using JPay tablets, the inmates from their prison are able to send e-cards, photos, and emails to their families or friends.
- JP5mini is aimed at combating recidivism. According to research from the Bureau of Justice Statistics, the isolation is often one of the leading causes behind the high recidivism rates.
Both JP5mini tablet and JP5s has the features and Apps. In addition, we are going to share it here. Let us see in the following text.
- JPay tablet is touchscreen and portable.
- JPay tablet is very easy to understand and simple to use.
- There is new music app includes ability to build playlists.
- JPay tablet improved email program.
- EBook reader is available on JPay tablet.
- This tablet includes the accessories like ear buds, charger, batteries and screen protector.
- This tablet includes photo gallery, calendar apps, calculator, notepad, FM radio and stopwatch.
- JPay’s Lantern education and Khan Academy apps.
- This tablet expanded the game selection and the game store
Not every facility offers the JP5 tablets and not every facility offers both models, so for this case you should log into your JPay account to know if your facility offers JP5 tablets or not. You can also check which tablets are available for you to purchase on your loved ones’ behalf. If needed, you can call JPay customer service at 800-574-5729.