However, JPay offers the Prepaid Mastercard for family and friends of incarcerated individuals at correctional facilities. Of course, they can use this card to send money to inmates so they will get the things they need including toiletries, food, phone credits and more.
You may wonder what bank used by JPay to issue the Prepaid Mastercard which allows the family and friends to make a payment or send money to their loved ones in prison through JPay. Moreover, the personalized card will be released at no cost to the cardholder and sent via mail within 7-10 business days.
Well, the bank which issues the JPay Prepaid Mastercard is Metropolitan Commercial Bank (Member FDIC) for the Progress Prepaid Mastercard and MetaBank®, N.A., Member FDIC The paySupreme General Purpose Reloadable (GPR).
Both Metropolitan Commercial Bank (Member FDIC) and MetaBank®, N.A. are pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. The Prepaid Mastercard should be surrendered upon demand.
When you apply for this JPay card, JPay will ask you for your name, date of birth, address, phone number, social security number or country identification number and other information which allow them to identify you easily. JPay may also ask to see your driver’s license or other documentation bearing your photo as verification of your identity.
However, this identification will help the government to fight funding of terrorism and money laundering activities. In this case, federal law will require all financial institutions and their third parties to get, verify and record information to identify each person who gets a Card.
If you need more information about the JPay Prepaid Card, you can make a call at 1-866-777-5729.
What Kinds of Cards Does JPay Issue?
JPay offers two Prepaid Card, they are:
- The JPay Progress Prepaid Mastercard
Family and friends of incarcerated individuals at correctional facilities have a chance to get the JPay Progress Card. This is a prepaid Mastercard which may be used to purpose goods and services anywhere the MasterCard logo is displayed.
With the JPay Progress Card, you will take any benefits including ATM withdrawals, update your PIN, reload funds, set up automatic payments and manage and view account information. Of course, in order to get those benefits of the JPay Progress Card, you should register and activate it beforehand.
So, how to activate the JPay card? Well, to activate or manage your JPay Progress Card, you should visit http://www.jpay.com/ReleaseCards.aspx. Once you are at this page, you will see the ‘Activate Your Card’ green button. Click on it. While, if you want to manage your JPay Progress Card, you can click on the ‘Manage’ button.
JPay Progress Prepaid Mastercard will give you more freedom, convenience, protection and strength of the MasterCard brand which allows you to make purchases at millions of locations worldwide.
With the release of this card, you can shop online, book trips, make household payments electronically and the money will go directly to your JPay Prepaid MasterCard, and also share funds instantly with family or friends using Money Share (Money Share is not available between Cards). JPay Prepaid MasterCard).
- The paySupreme General Purpose Reloadable (GPR)
Aside from the JPay Progress Card, JPay also issues the paySupreme General Purpose Reloadable (GPR). This is also a Prepaid MasterCard that you can find at the official JPay site. With this supreme JPay card, the inmate’s family and friends can use it to send money so that they get what they need in prison.
The cardholders will have the option to open an optional Savings Account which is offered through MetaBank®, N.A. via the website or mobile app. Moreover, this card is probably used everywhere Debit Mastercard is accepted.
How to get the paySupreme General Purpose Reloadable (GPR)? If you desire to get this JPay card, you should log into the www.paySupreme.com. If you have not an account yet, make sure to sign up first.
With the paySupreme Card, you will get numerous benefits, including:
- No credit checks
- Free identity theft monitoring
- Fraud protection
- 24/7/365 Customer Service
- No cost for activation or inactivity
- Make online purchases
- Free to apply
- Unlimited 30% paySupreme Rewards on Money Transfer JPay Fees
- Transfers between cards in near real time
- Optional interest-bearing savings account
- No fee to add money from your employer or a bank account
- Setup automatic payments
- No cash reload fee using Green Dot® Cash Reload Network or Mastercard® rePower®
- Surcharge Free ATM access at over 36,000 ATMs in the MoneyPass Network
- Cash Load network of more than 60,000 locations available including 7-Eleven, Walmart, CVS & Walgreens
- Go Mobile with an App to receive alerts, view transaction history and other great features on any device
Well, in order to get those benefits, you should activate the JPay card first. To activate the paySupreme General Purpose Reloadable, you should visit www.paySupreme.com. Once you are at the paySupreme page, you have to login to activate your card or sign up first if you already have no account yet.
If you need more information about paySupreme Card Mastercard, you can make a call at 1-888-964-0366 or go to paySupreme.com.
Terms of Services of JPay Prepaid Mastercard
- Either JPay Progress Card or paySupreme Card can be used everywhere Debit Mastercard is accepted. However, Mastercard is a registered trademark and the circle’s design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. So, the use of this card constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions stated in the Cardholder Agreement.
- The paySupreme Prepaid Mastercard and the JPay Progress Card are used to fund a transaction through the JPay Mobile App, JPay site or also JPay customer services. All Money Gram Services are exceptions.
- Standard text message and data rates, fee and charges from your wireless carrier may apply.
- This optional offer is not a MetaBank nor Mastercard product or service nor does MetaBank nor Mastercard endorse this offer.
- Although this particular feature is available free of charge, certain fees and other transaction fees, terms and conditions are associated with the use of this Card.
- Under MasterCard’s Zero Liability Policy, your liability for unauthorized transactions on your Card Account is $0.00 if you notify us immediately upon becoming aware of the loss or theft.