Money transfer is one of the services of JPay. Money that is transferred by the family or friends of inmates can be used to support the needs of inmates during in the jail. Then, if the family or friends of inmates wish to transfer money, they have to pay the cost as well. In JPay, there are 5 ways of transferring money including:
- Online payment is a method of payment where you can transfer money to the inmate via the website of JPay.
- Transfer via phone is a transfer method where you can transfer money via telephone by calling 1-800-574-5729.
- Transfer via MoneyGram is a transferring method where you can transfer money cash by using MoneyGram. Walmart, 7-11- and CVS Pharmacy are the establishments which possess MoneyGram services. To use MoneyGram, you will need the number of inmate’s correctional ID, last name and receive code or facility name.
- Transfer via money order is a method of transferring money by using JPay’s money order service. To use this service, you will be required a money order or a cashier’s check, and money order coupon of JPay. You have to download the coupon in the website of JPay.
- Transfer via Lobby Kiosk is a method of transferring money by using a credit card in the lobby kiosk. But, to use this service, you have to check the availability of lobby kiosk in the place where your inmates stay. To know the information about that, you are able to check in the website of JPay in the Availability and Pricing page.
As we mentioned above that you can transfer money via MoneyGram that is available in Walmart. Walmart is an American multinasional retailing corporation which runs as a chain of hypermarkets, grocery stores and discount department stores. This company has a headquarters that is located in Bentonville, Arkansas. This company was built by Sam Walton in 1962 and on January 2017, this company has 11,695 stores and clubs in 28 countries. Walmart is the biggest company with income that is almost $480 billion. Besides, it is also the biggest private employer in the world with 2.3 million employees. By those reasons, it means Walmart is easy to find. So, when you want to transfer money via MoneyGram in Walmart, it must be an easy thing, too.
JPay teams up with MoneyGram to give the options and locations to make your cash payment. When you want to transfer money to the incarcerated one of yours or when you want to make a payment of community corrections, JPay and MoneyGram can help you to make the cash transactions fast and easy. The cooperation between JPay and MoneyGram make you are able to do a cash payment at more than 40,000 MoneyGram agent locations in the United States at retail centers in such as CVS or pharmacy and Walmart. Each agent of MoneyGram is completed with a list of the receive codes of JPay. This thing is provided to make sure that the cash that you send gets where it’s supposed to go.