Securus offers Advance Connect as one of their products. Do you know what it is? Here, you are able to read the explanation about Securus Advance Connect and some other information about Securus.
What Is Advance Connect?
In Securus, there is an Advance Connect account. As explained on the Securus website, it is a friend and family-owned prepaid calling account which permits you to receive collect calls from an incarcerated individual and have the charges which are deducted automatically from your prepaid account. Prepaid Advance Connect account makes you able to control your spending and makes sure that you are able to receive calls from correctional facilities.
If you have this account, here are a number of benefits that you are able to enjoy according to the Securus website.
- Up to $50.00 per transaction is the maximum funding amount.
- As long as funds are available in your account, you can receive calls from an incarcerated individual.
- Multiple phone numbers can be added by you to your account. So, your incarcerated one can reach your home phone, work phone, cell phone, other relatives, friends, neighbours, etc.
- Calls will connect to cell phones, but it is subject to facility restrictions.
- 24/7/365 access is available for you to your account on Securus website or by contacting them via phone.
As we know, it can be hard to wait for a phone call from an incarcerated individual to share important news. However, Advance Connect has a feature named Inbound Connect where you are able to proactively reach out and connect in real time as explained on the Securus website. With this feature, you are able to connect using your Securus mobile app and there is no cost to sign up.
How to get connected with Inbound Connect? Here is how you can be connected with Inbound Connect as explained on Securus.
- You have to go to your Advance Connect account on the Securus app on your smartphone and then you have to choose Inbound Connect.
- You can add your loved one as a contact.
- At the moment you start a connection, there will be a real time notification which is received by your loved one on their personal tablet.
- Then, you can get connected.
However, it is important for you to note that the availability of Inbound Connect features may vary by agency and standard call rates, taxes, and fees apply as well. Also, real time notifications are only provided on Personal Tablets.
Advance Connect Funding Options
A number of convenient funding methods are offered by Securus to meet your needs. You are able to fund through credit or debit card online or by phone. Payment types which are accepted online or by phone are Visa and MasterCard.
You are also able to fund through Western Union by cash, credit/ debit card, money order or cashier’s check. According to the Securus site, payments are able to be made in person easily or online using Western Union Quick Collect.
Here are the instructions on using Quick Collect according to the Securus site.
- You are able to find the receiver of the Quick Collect payment under Select Other Billers and it should be Securus.
- You have to follow the online prompts to complete the payment.
- Let’s say that at Western Union, you are not a registered user. If you are not registered, it will ask you to register.
And here are the instructions on using Western Union Payment Form according to the Securus site.
There is the Payment Information section and there you will be asked for Pay To, Code City and State and you have to fill it like this:
- Pay To: Securus
- Code City: Securus
- State: Texas
You have to include your 6 or 7 digit account number. Let’s say that you are not sure about your Account number. If so, you can sign in or call the customer service of Securus at 1 800 844 6591. According to the Securus site, if your payment is done at a Western Union retail location, it may take 5 to 8 business hours to process.
Another payment option for funding your Advance Connect is MoneyGram. If you want to fund with MoneyGram, the thing that you have to do is to go to a MoneyGram location and then you have to complete the Express Blue Form with the information as shown below.
- Receive Code: 9819
- Company Name: SECURUS
- City & State: Dallas, TX
- Customer’s Account Number
- Sender’s Information
- Sender’s Signature
Other Securus Phone Products
Besides Advance Connect, Securus also offers other phone products namely Securus Debit and Direct Bill.
According to the Securus website, a Securus Debit account is owned by the incarcerated individual and it is used to pay for Securus services which are offered at their facility. Some services may be included such as phone calls, eMessaging stamps, tablet media (music, games, and movies) and Video Connect sessions. If an incarcerated individual wants to transfer funds, they may do that from their facility trust or commissary account into a Securus Debit account. Here are some benefits of a Securus Debit account.
- Funding a Securus Debit account can be done without having your own calling account.
- $50.00 per transaction is the maximum funding amount.
- There is 24/7/365 access that you have to fund an incarcerated individual’s Debit account on Securus website or by contacting the customer service via phone.
- Funds which are placed in the Securus Debit account will be the property of the incarcerated individual and friends & family members will not be able to get refunds on this account. Note that this product is now available at limited facilities.
How about a Direct Bill account? It permits you to get collect calls from a loved one and there are the charges which are billed directly to you every month from Securus Correctional Billing Services (SCBS) as explained on Securus site. You are able to choose this account if your loved one is incarcerated for longer than two years or if you are an attorney, consulate, bail bondsmen, social worker or other small business or government agency. Here are some benefits of this account.
- There is an itemized monthly bill statement of call activity.
- All the calls that you need to can be received by you up to your credit limit.
- Multiple phone numbers are able to be added by you to your account to make sure you receive all your calls.
- Calls will connect to cell phones, but of course it is subject to the restrictions of the facility.
- Inmate calls are able to be received as long as your bill is paid in full by the due date.
- There is no minimum payment amount.
- There is 24/7/365 access that you have to your account on the Securus website or by contacting the customer service via phone.