While some people find Securus helpful, some others don’t. In fact, this company has been criticized for developing phone tracking technologies that are able to be used outside the bar. Not only that, some people also have complained about very high rates for calls. In addition, they also push the agenda of the removal of in person meetings of inmates with their families.
Basically, there are a ton of reasons that may lead you to want to close your Securus account. If you are tired of getting email spams, you are suggested to either mark the emails as spam while opening your email. Aside from that, you can also unsubscribe for their newsletter if you find them annoying. If you want to do that, all that you have to do is to click the unsubscribe button that is located at the bottom of the email that you received.
If you are really tired of your Securus account and you cannot help it anymore, you can close it. If you want to close your account, there are several ways to choose from. Check out the following information to be able to do that.
Method 1: Closing a Securus account by following the simple method
- First and foremost, you should open your favorite browser.
- When it opens, go to secures.net.
- When you are there, you will have to log in to your Securus account.
- After logging in, the next thing that you have to do is to go to your Manage PrePaid Account page.
- When you are on the new page, scroll down to find the Close Account option and then click on it.
- After that, you should give the details for your request to be processed.
- When everything is done, please wait for the confirmation email regarding cancellation of your account.
Method 2: Closing a Securus account by calling the customer service of Securus
It is possible for you to close your Securus account by reaching out to the representative of Securus on the phone. To be able to do that, you will have to dial the customer service number of Securus at 972-734-111. When talking to them, make sure to let them know that you want to close your Securus account. do not forget to also provide them with the important information so that they can help you to grant your wish. If you are wondering about the things that you have to provide, they include your email address and the contact number for confirmation email and call. When the process is done, you will get a call or a message that notifies that your Securus account has been closed.
Before calling closing your Securus account, remember to clear any balance as it might be hard to do it later.
Method 3: Closing Securus account by sending an email
- The first thing that you have to do is to open your email account. Talking about the email account, it should be the one that is registered with the application or website.
- When it opens, it is time for you to choose the Compose button that is located at the top left of the screen.
- Do not forget to enter the email address, which is support@Securus.com.
- After entering the email address, do not forget to also enter the subject on the Subject Type. For the subject, you can enter something such as Request to delete my account.
- Lastly, write an email with the request to close your Securus account.
If you have no idea what two write, here are some examples of the email contents that you can consider:
Subject: Request To Delete My Account From Your Database
Dear (Company Name) Team,
I have an account in your database with the name ……………. and the email address that is linked to the account is ………………..
Meanwhile, for some reason, I have decided not to use the account again, therefore I request that you kindly delete my account from your database and also wipe all notifications if any.
It is worth noting that the name, email address and phone number that will be contained in the mail have to be linked to the account you want to delete. The reason why it is a must to include everything is that it will be proof that you are the real owner of the account.
To Whom It May Concern: I would like to hereby formally request the removal of all my personal and private details from your company database as soon as possible. I have recently noticed an increased amount of junk mail as well as telephone calls from companies that I have never been in touch with in the past which are very disruptive and intrusive.
However, in order to avoid this from continuing, I prefer have my details removed completely from your database as perhaps (name of company) has passed my details to a third party marketing company recently. Please confirm to me in writing that this has been done. I thank you in advance, Kind regards (Your name)
Please take note that every transaction that was made through your phone or on the website using your credit or debit card will be charged to them directly. Then, what about the remaining balance in your account? As for that matter, it will be sent to you through mail as a refund check that is able to be processed within 2-3 working days easily.
Below are some important tips to check out before closing your Securus account:
- For anyone who has an owing balance on your account, it will be needed for you to make payment in full to be able to close the account.
- For every credit or debit card transaction that was made by phone or on the official website of Securus, the remaining balances will be applied to the credit or debit card that you last used.
- For every other remaining balance that may be owed to you on accounts that were paid by payments mailed in, it is stated that the refund check will be sent via regular U.S. Postal Service.