You may want to change phone number on Securus, but you do not know how to do that. If so, here I have some information for you about adding, removing, or changing phone numbers according to the Securus Help. Besides, I also have some other information related to Securus which may be useful for you.
Adding, Removing or Changing Phone Number on Securus
According to the Securus Help site, here are the methods to add, remove or change your telephone number with Securus.
The Method to Add a Telephone Number
- The first thing that you have to do after signing in is to choose Manage Prepaid Account or Manage Account in the Advance Connect/ Direct Bill section.
- After that, you have to choose the Authorized Phone Numbers tab and then click on the +Add Authorized Number.
- Then, you have to enter the telephone number that you want to add.
- And now, you have to click on the Add Number.
The Method to Remove a Telephone Number
- The first thing that you have to do after signing in is to select Manage Prepaid Account or Manage Account in the Advance Connect/ Direct Bill section.
- After that, you have to choose the Authorized Phone Numbers tab and under Action, you have to click on the Trash Can icon beside the phone number that you want to remove.
- And then, you have to click Confirm if you want to remove the number or click Cancel if you do not want to remove the number.
Let’s say that you receive calls from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. If so, you are able to access this https://securustech.net/tdcj/ for getting information to register additional phone numbers. After it is approved, then the phone number will automatically be updated to your existing TDCJ account. However, if you find that you do not have a TDCJ account, the system will make one after the number has been approved.
Well, that’s the information that I got about adding, removing or changing your telephone number with Securus. If you need more information, you are able to contact Securus where the information will be presented below together with some other information related to Securus.
Contact Securus Technologies Customer Service
According to the Pissed Consumer site, here is the contact for Securus Technologies Customer Service.
The toll-free number (international) is (800) 844-6591.
The customer service number for Securus Video ConnectSM information is (877) 578-3658 and the toll-free number is (800) 524-5547.
For General information, the phone number is (972) 734-1111.
If you want to send a message to Securus Technologies Legal, you can do it here https://securus-technologies.pissedconsumer.com/sendEmail.html?group=Legal.
The Corporate Office Address is:
Securus Technologies LLC
PO Box 1109
Dallas, Texas 75001
Other Info Mailing address is:
PO Box 650757
Dallas, TX 75265-0757
The Method to Block You Phone Number from Getting Incarcerated Individual Calls
You may want to block your phone number from getting incarcerated individual calls. If you want to prevent calls from a correctional facility which is handled by Securus Technologies, you are able to do that as explained below according to the Securus Help.
- The first thing that you have to do is to log into your account at www.securustech.net.
- After you log in, then you have to click on the Manage Prepaid Account.
- Here, you have to click on the Block/ Unblock Calls.
- Then, you are able to click on the Add a Block which can be found in the upper right-hand corner.
- In this step, you have to choose the phone number that you want to block and if you want to block all the facilities, you have to choose All facilities from the drop down and then click on the Add to add the block. If you want to block Specific Facility, State or Facility, you have to choose it from the drop down. And then, you have to click on the Add to add the block.
You are able to contact Securus Help at 972-734-1111 to get help from a representative in placing a restriction on your phone line. For your information, there is no charge for having this service.
Securus tries to make every effort to stop unwanted collect calls. However, they are not able to guarantee this service for facilities that Securus Technologies does not support. Let’s say that you are still receiving collect calls more than 48 hours after placing a restriction on your phone line. If it happens, you have to contact Securus Technologies and there may be some additional steps which you have to take to prevent collect calls.
The Method to Unblock Your Phone Number on Your Securus Online Account
As explained on the Securus Help site, here are the steps that you have to take for unblocking your phone number on your Securus online account.
- You have to log in to your account first.
- After logging in to your account, then you have to choose Manage Prepaid Account.
- After that, you have to choose Block/ Unblock Calls. You have to choose the phone number from the drop down that you want to unblock. Then, click on the Unblock.
- And last, you have to click on the Confirm.
The Phone Account Options on Securus
According to the Securus Help site, there are some phone accounts for customers to choose from to receive calls from an incarcerated individual. The first one is AdvanceConnect. It is a prepaid calling account and it is their most popular option. If you choose this option, all calls will connect to all phone types such as cell phones, landline phones, and internet phones (such as VoIP carriers) pending facility restrictions. In this type of account, you are allowed to add multiple phone numbers to your account so that you are able to be reached wherever you are.
The second option is DirectBill. With this account, you are permitted to receive collect calls from an incarcerated individual and have the charges billed directly to them each month from Securus. This option is the best option for Family and Friends whose incarcerated individual is incarcerated for longer than two years, an attorney, consulate, bail bondsman, social worker, other small business, or government agency. You need to pass an Equifax credit check and if you want to sign up, you can call 972-734-1111 from your mobile phone or 1-800-844-6591 from your landline phone.