For those who want to find the inmate roster of Texas Department of Criminal Justice or TDCJ, there is an online service for you. Before learning more about this service, keep in mind that this one is designed for the convenience and safety of the general public.
If the information included in the service is abused, the law will speak. While the information featured is believed to be accurate, the State of Texas, the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, and its Board or employees state that there is no guarantee of the accuracy regarding the time and the completeness of the information.
For your information, the service is updated on the working days only and the information included is at least 24 hours old. Below is step by step to use the service to find the Texas Department of Criminal Justice or TDCJ inmate roster:
- The first thing that you have to do is to open the Texas Offender Search page, the one managed by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Here is the link that will take you to that page: https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/start.action.
- Then, enter a few information, including the first and last name of the offender, the TDCJ number, the SID number or State Identification number, the gender, and the race. You are recommended to enter these two numbers, if you know them, in order to get the exact results. If you have no idea about the two, at least enter the other information for the Texas inmate that you know. You should at least enter the initial and the last name.
- After entering the required information, do not forget to hit the Search button.
- By pressing the Search button, you will be taken to the next page, where you will be able to see a list of all the Texas inmates that match with the information that you provided before. Aside from the name, the information that will be shown will include some additional details, including the date of birth, TDCJ number, race, gender, projected release date, and the current facility of incarceration.
- For those who want to find the additional details of the Texas offender, including an offense history (which includes case numbers); whether they are eligible for visitation, parole eligibility, and a link to take you to prior parole decisions, all that should be done is to click on a name.
If you are looking for someone and want to know the information about that specific person, the method above is not the only one that you can try. In addition to that, you can also send a request through email. It is possible as long as you know their TDCJ number, their location, Offense of Conviction, incarceration history (offense, county, and court of conviction of offenses for which the inmate was incarcerated in the past), current incarceration (offense, county and court of conviction), and Projected Release Date. The most important things to be included in the request are the full name and the 7 digit TDCJ number of the email. In case you have no idea about their TDCJ number, the thing that you can do is to include the exact date of birth. If you also do not know their date of birth, the alternate way is to provide their appropriate age and the county of conviction. After including all of them, you can send the request to email@example.com. While sending a request, do not forget to include the name of the inmate in the subject line or the email.
Feel free to send a request anytime you want. There is nothing to worry about getting charged as it is completely free. all photographs and Social Security numbers of the inmates are safe and there is no way for them to get leaked to the public.
Aside from the service above, there is a general sex offender search offered by the Texas Department of Safety. This one is based on the general location or the name of an offender. Besides, there is also a separate search for convicted sex offender that are found near Texas colleges and universities. Once the search is placed, the result will show all the Texas sex offenders. The information that is given include the legal name, the date of birth, and the main residential address. If you click a specific name from the results, you will be taken to the profile page of the offender. In this page, a lot of things will be featured, including the available photos, the description about that certain sex offender, and the information about the thing that they committed.
Not only the sex offender search, the Texas Department of Safety also gives the information about the 10 Texas most fugitives who are dangerous. The information will be shown wit their photos and details. The list will be regularly updated, at least once a month.
For more information about the Texas Department of Criminal Justice inmate roster, it is better for you to visit the official website of Texas Department of Criminal Justice or TDCJ at tdcj.texas.gov. If there are any questions to ask and if there are inmate issues, you can send an email to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Office of the Independent Ombudsman)
- email@example.com (Employment/Human Resource questions)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (technical issues with website)
Inmate roster is really helpful for the family members or the friends of those wo are currently help in custody. Everyone is able to check out if their loved one is in a certain correctional facility. It is also an effective way to find the information about them, including about their charges, their court date, and so on.
Talking about inmate roster, it is possible for the one that you are looking for to not be listed due to some reasons. If it is the case, or if the information that is shown is incorrect, the best thing that you can do is to reach out the representative of the correctional facility or some other parties.