Have you found an inmate who fell in love with penpal? We are sure that you have found this case. Well, here we are going to talk about Inmate love stories, relationships between the inmates and other people as well Meet-An-Inmate app.
Inmates Fall in Love with Penpals
Inmate love stories probably sound like a movie scenario. However, such cases are surprisingly common in the USA and worldwide. Based on the statistical data shown in The New York Times, prison relationships and marriages have already flourished since New York State authorities decided to allow them in the year 1989. The phenomenon of non-incarcerated people falling in love with the prisoners and deciding to date them keeps arousing the interest of lots of experts and raises various questions.
Relationships between the inmates and other people – Some of the most types of prison romances include:
- The relationships between the inmates and prison workers such as the guards.
- The relationships between the inmates and prison nurses, psychologists, and other medical workers who have contact with the inmates.
Many more cases include people who have never committed a single offense and who live their lives outside the prison walls but they select to date the inmates. Those people mostly get in touch with the inmates via specific pen-pal apps or platforms. The reasons for contacting an inmate will vary, those might be curiosity, compassion, or desire for unconventional and exciting relationships. After several times, non-incarcerated persons could start calling, texting, or visiting inmates and develop deeper relationships with them.
How Does Meet-An-Inmate App Function?
Meet-An-Inmate is one of the most popular prisoners dating apps created in 1998. As this service is still popular right now, so we are going to share some best tips for getting in touch with its users and discovering your significant other on such platforms. Also, this article might be useful if you want to start to write letters to inmates for any reason, such as discovering pen pals or making new friends.
This site functions as any other dating app. The inmates are able to communicate with their potential future partners, and also with some new friends. The difference is that the contact methods are not as flexible as on traditional dating apps. Usually, sending and receiving emails is prohibited in prisons, however at this time, you are able to use special electronic mail services such as JPay to write to a prisoner. This is one of the platforms which enable Meet-An-Inmate app users to answer the digital letters they receive.
Here is what the procedure of discovering an inmate pen pal and getting in touch with them through this platform looks like:
- At the first step, you have to go to the official Meet-An-Inmate site.
- After that, you are able to go through the available inmate profile databases.
- Please read more about the people. You are able to check out their interests, and select those who seem the most compatible with you.
- Now, you are able to send them a digital or physical letter. If everything goes well, they are going to respond soon, and your correspondence can go on.
There are two methods to send letters to users who caught your attention:
- To the prison
- Via an email service
The method you use depends on the information provided by the user. Also, you need to include their inmate ID to your letter regardless of whether it will be a digital or a physical one.
DoNotPay Will Help You Exchange Letters with Your Prison Pen Pals
For those who have an exact address of the prison where your pen pal is, DoNotPay will be able to help you send them a printed version of your digital letter. Their app will give you an opportunity to compose a personalized message online, and they forward it to the desired recipient on your behalf, thus you do not have to address it manually. Several special features include nice templates perfect for wishing your inmate pen pals happy birthday or holidays.
To compose a letter for your incarcerated loved one, you are able to follow the instructions below:
- At the first step, you have to make a profile on DoNotPay using your web browser.
- After that, you are able to type Connect With an Inmate in the search box on your profile page and then click on Send a Personalized Letter.
- Now, you are able to give the necessary details, including the name of the inmate, the prison, and also the inmate ID number.
- Afterwards, you are able to write a message in the specified field.
- You are free to add photographs or attachments which do not violate the specific jail rules
- Please select a template for your letter (For optional)
After all the steps are completed, then DoNotPay will take care of the rest and make sure the letter is sent right away. Also, you are able to choose the Allow Replies option to enable the person to answer your letters. If you do that, the following will occur:
- The inmates will write a response and send it to them.
- They are going to turn it into a digital letter.
- They are going to send it to your Virtual Mailbox.
With this feature, you will be able to access all the responses you get with several clicks and keep the communication going.
The Main Benefits of the Meet-An-Inmate Platform
The Meet-An-Inmate platform offers many inmate profiles and benefits.
Here are some of the main benefits of the platform:
- The number of inmates you are able to contact is not limited.
- The signup is completely free. The inmates will pay if they want to remain listed on the site
- The profiles contain all information about the inmates, including their height, hobbies, religion, race, and occupation.
- The possibility of searching the whole information by age, state, or the order when they joined the platform is available to everyone
- This platform advocates positive vibes and also respectful relationships, presenting the prisoners as ordinary people who have their interests, hopes, and worldviews regardless of their crimes they have committed.